Shutterstock adds new features to its content creation platform
Shutterstock today rolled out SmartBrief technology and new updates to its Shutterstock Custom visual content creation platform. SmartBrief aims to reduce brief writing time for users, while other updates provide pre- and post-production services to customers.
Shutterstock Custom, formerly Flashstock Technology, is a service that creates briefs and produces custom visuals such as photos, videos, GIFs, and cinemagraphs for business marketing campaigns. The platform also provides editing tools for businesses to customize photos and videos.
The new SmartBrief technology aims to help users spend less time typing briefs and more time using the platform’s collaboration tools to personalize their content, the company said.
SmartBrief technology provides the following features:
- Intelligence: Asks users only relevant questions to eliminate contradictory and unnecessary information.
- Collaboration: Allows users to clone briefs, view or revert to previous versions, accept edits and suggestions from team members.
- Flexibility: Enables businesses to adjust control, production value, and service level based on the needs of each project.
Shutterstock Custom has also expanded its offering to include pre- and post-production services to meet the demands of social media marketing campaigns. The new features allow users to:
- generate assets that would increase engagement and purchases in e-commerce marketplaces;
- transform images or videos into formats that can be shared on several platforms; and
- quickly receive individualized brief concepts adapted to each brand.
Pricing for the Shutterstock content creation platform varies based on business needs in terms of deliverables, on-site support, equipment, file type, turnaround time, and location.
Shutterstock’s competitors include Adobe and Getty Images. Adobe Spark aims to enable users without design expertise to quickly create their own social graphics, web pages, and short videos; the tool is available both on the web and on mobile. Getty Images provides personalized content and collaboration tools through enterprise plans for businesses of various sizes, according to the company.