Content Design Manager Job at UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON
Communications & Marketing
Location: Campus Highfield
Salary: £39,739 to £50,296 Per year
Full time, permanent
Closing Date: Friday, March 11, 2022
Date of interview: be confirmed
About the role
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for a user-focused content design manager who understands the power of words and information to join our award-winning team who are about to enter a new phase.
You will join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to developing user-centric information and services for many of our user groups – from applying for a course, to seeking research collaborations and much more.
This team is extremely ambitious. This role is new. We need someone to own the content and be the go-to person to create compelling UX copy that is easy to understand, concise, and helps users achieve what they need.
what you gonna do
- work closely with user researchers, interaction and service designers, product managers, other content designers and marketing teams to create and apply a strong and consistent approach across all of our products.
- shared responsibility with the Head of User and UX Research for the development of simple, clear and strategic digital products and information that helps our users interact with them.
- build good relationships with stakeholder groups across the organization.
- support and enable content designers to create user-centric content using data and evidence, ensuring that we always use the right language at the right time and in the best format.
- represent user-centered design within a leadership team
- work closely with other technical and UX teams to understand how content can perform in the best possible way for users across digital products and services.
You will have demonstrable experience working at a senior level in user-centered design, with the following skills or some experience in:
- experience creating exceptional and impactful content for web and mobile user interfaces using data.
- framing, writing, editing and managing user-centric content to ensure it is accurate, timely, relevant, accessible and written with style.
- use analytics, user research, and feedback to identify user needs and inform content decisions.
- Convince stakeholders and team members of the benefits of adopting an accessible, user-centered design approach.
- work independently while managing tight deadlines under pressure.
- manage and mentor team members, providing guidance, training and constructive feedback.
It probably is do not work for you, if you:
- Specialize in eye-catching ad lines and marketing-style copy
- Need a clear briefing from management before we can start
These are exciting times for the University of Southampton and we would love for you to join us! The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work-life balance through generous holiday pay, flexible hours and flexible working. For more information on our benefits, please see the HR pages. To learn more about the team, their work and their philosophy, visit our blog.
This position is offered on a permanent full-time basis. Please note that this announcement may be closed before the published closing date if a satisfactory number of applications are received.
If you would like to speak first, please contact Ayala Gordon, Associate Director – Digital User Experience via LinkedIn or Twitter. If not via social media then email A.Gordon@soton.ac.uk
You must submit your completed online application form to https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The deadline for applications will be midnight on the closing date listed above. If you need help, please call Michelle (recruitment team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750 Please quote reference 1695122CD on all correspondence.