How to simplify your content creation process
Do you want to increase your company’s content production?
If you’re struggling to find and retain reliable writers, the idea of increasing content production may seem impossible.
Good news: Content scaling is entirely possible.
You just need to know:
- What challenges to look for when you start developing your content creation strategy.
- How to troubleshoot common content scaling issues.
- What services, like contentflycan help simplify the process.
Step 1: Identify common challenges when scaling content production
Creating content in-house presents many challenges that get in the way of scaling content production.
These challenges typically include bandwidth, productivity, and business goals.
If your main limitation is team bandwidth: the best solution is to outsource content creation.
In reality, 50% of organizations choose to outsource their content marketing efforts according to the B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends: Insights for 2022 by Content Marketing Institute.
The most successful content teams are outsourced or made up of multiple people, according to the same survey.
Organizations that have outsourced their content creators have seen positive results with their content marketing efforts across a wide range of metrics and goals.
These include increasing engagement, conversions, and website traffic.
86% of organizations that outsource content, according to CMI’s 2021 B2B report, have specifically outsourced content creation.
But when it comes to outsourcing content initiatives, many content marketing teams face major challenges, such as finding writers.
Don’t worry, we can help.
Step 2: Find and retain reliable writers in your industry
It is very easy to find authors.
There are many freelance communities, gig marketplaces, job boards, and freelance websites to choose from.
Finding reliable writers is the hardest part.
CMI’s B2B report noted that the top challenge 65% of organizations faced when outsourcing content was finding someone with subject matter expertise.
To make it easier for you, here’s a checklist of what to look for to find reliable outsourced writers:
- Does your list of freelance jobs specify the industry in which the writer must have experience?
- Does your potential writer have portfolios and writing samples?
- Are the writing samples specific to your industry?
- Does the potential writer have testimonials available for review?
- Do you have the bandwidth to review all incoming portfolios and samples?
Once you’ve found the right number of freelance writers for your content needs, be sure to focus on retaining them with consistent work and competitive compensation.
Otherwise, you’ll find yourself constantly looking for new freelancers to meet your content production needs.
Step 3: Reduce admin time spent creating content
The next challenge you may face when outsourcing your content marketing efforts is the time spent internally managing your outsourced writers.
Let’s say your organization’s content needs require a group of seven freelancers to fill.
Your next steps are to:
- Introduce them to your organization and its products or services.
- Discuss ideation and topic news briefs.
- Monitoring of upcoming or missed deadlines.
- Discuss payment options and make payments.
For this step, we recommend looking for creative ways to reduce this administrative time and improve your content marketing ROI.
Creating a standardized onboarding routine or introducing an automated system is a great addition to scaling your content creation journey.
Step 4: Get the content you want the first time
Develop a standardized strategy for creating briefs to ensure that each writer understands the specific purpose of their content.
In addition to communicating with the freelancers mentioned above, you’ll want to be aware of the time spent getting your content from first draft to ready to publish.
Depending on the quality of the writers you have chosen, this can be as simple as one round of proofreading to several rounds of comments and revisions.
Creating a short, standardized process helps streamline and speed up the content creation process.
How Contentfly Simplifies the Outsourced Content Creation Process
If the steps above seem daunting, Contentfly can help get outsourced writers online faster.
Speed up the writer selection process with pre-verified writer pools
When you sign up for Contentfly, you no longer need to search for individual writers to create your content.
The process for finding new writers is simple:
- Submit a content request through the Contentfly dashboard.
- Contentfly matches your content request to a writer who matches your industry.
- You receive a completed content item within a specified time based on the length of your content.